Duke Outreach Program
A little from many...goes a long way!
How it all began..
An Outreach Program was started in January 2013 at Leonardtown Elementary School. Concerned parents realized that some of our school families were not able to meet and provide basic needs for their families. Knowing that the LES community is a strong and caring one, they brought their concerns to the school administrators. They proposed a parent-run program that would assist these families on a monthly basis. They loved the idea of our community helping out one another. The LES Outreach Program expanded to Duke when the new elementary school opened in 2015.
Outreach families are identified through a screening process done by the school counselor. 100% of all donations, including monetary, go directly to the families in need. If you would like to be a supporter, donations can be dropped off at the main office at Duke at any time throughout the school year. We also have additional drop off locations at certain times of each month.
Drop off locations
- Duke Elementary School - 23595 Hayden Farm Lane, Leonardtown, MD 20650
What can I donate?
- Household cleaning supplies (all-purpose cleaner (Ex. 409 or Clorox wipes) dish-washing soap (Ex. Dawn), bleach, laundry detergent, hand soap, Lysol spray.
- Non-perishable food items (cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix, canned meat
- (tuna/chicken), canned spaghetti, beef a roni etc., roman noodles, mac and cheese, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, P&J and school snacks (fruit snacks, potato chips, Oreos, fruit cups, apple sauce, granola bars, animal crackers etc.)
- Toiletry (bath soaps/gels, shampoo/conditioner (many prefer Suave), toothpaste and body lotion
- Household consumables (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Gift Cards: Food Lion, Walmart, Weis
We really appreciate any and all donations!
Additional questions or concerns can be directed to the counselor.
Monique Osborne (Duke Counselor) - firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-309-4658
Thank you for supporting our Duke Outreach Program