Sight Word/Nonsense Word Volunteer
First and second graders
Sight word games and practice with students.
Book Room or first/second grade hallway.
Once a week for approximately one hour (You can choose your day or time). If you are interested in this type of volunteering contact Kim Gray, Duke Primary IRT.
What is a Makerspace?
- Makerspace is a chance to try something new within the model of "Make, Test, Innovate, and Excel".
- A recess option for first through fifth grades.
- Students are given a monthly challenge.
- Examples of challenges
- Quick building games.
- Problem solving with legos.
- Creating circuits.
- Building creations with recyclables and even learning to weave.
- Parent volunteers present challenges, keep time and assist with troubleshooting.
If you are interested in getting involved with our Duke Makerspace and are available midday one day a week, please contact Mary Owen, Media Specialist.
The duke PTA is always in need of parent volunteers, particularly for the events we put on for the students. Without parent volunteers these events cannot happen! Sign-ups for these events will be sent home in the Aviator Update and posted tot he PTA Facebook page,